A fun event where we test one’s thirst of knowledge in the fields of movies, literature, plays and so on. While doing so each team will also have to have to complete certain challenges like puzzles and crosswords.
This round will be a crossword round in which every team will have to complete the crossword with a given time limit. The crossword will be around facts from the world of literature and pop culture. The teams who fail to complete the crossword in the given time limit will get eliminated immediately. Teams will get points based on how fast they complete the task the number of questions they get right.
Following up with second round, participants will be asked to pick up a chit (one from each team) and the other members can ask maximum 20 questions to guess what's written on the chit, with the time limit of 5 mins. The member who picks up the chit can only answer the questions using yes or no.
Only five teams will go through for the last round, these teams will be the ones
who have the highest points. These five teams will compete on a life-sized snake and
ladders board. Where instead of rolling a dice, each team will proceed based on the answers
they give. Only on team member will be on the board while the rest will be seated.
Just as the rules of snakes and ladders if one reaches the bottom of a ladder then they must climb up the ladder. But if you get bitten by a snake you come down the snake. The twist is that before this round starts each team will be allotted different starting points on the board based on the number of points they have acquired over the last two rounds. The team with the highest points will be placed higher up on the board and the one with the least of the five teams will be placed at 0. Each tile on the board will have a multiple choice question which needs to be answered within 30seconds. If the team does give the correct answer then based on their time they will take a certain number of steps on the board. And if the team fails to answer the question then they remain on the same tile and in their next turn will receive a new question. The team to reach the last tile first will be the team that wins.
Steps taken according to time :
● 30s - 1step forward
● 20s - 3steps forward
● 10s - 5steps forward
● 5s- 7steps forward
Inspired from MoMA's collaborations with artists and writers, Litmus presents Ekphrasis, a creative writing event for everyone who has a love for art and a way with words. Enliven your words and breathe life into art as you practice Ekphrasis: the skill of using art as a means to create new art.
Writing from a given prompt.
1. Each participant is given a story/poetry prompt. They are required to write a poem of 150-200 words or a story of 250-300 words in 25 minutes.
2. Grading is done on a scale of 0 to 10.
Writing based on a given artwork.
1. Each participant is given an abstract artwork or a visual image. They are required to write a story or poem based on it in a time duration of 30 minutes.
2. Grading is done on a scale of 0-10.
3. Final score is calculated out of 20, and 3 winners are selected.
4. Top 5 entries get their writeups published in the college magazine.
1. Use of mobile phones or access of the internet by any means is prohibited.
2. In case of tie breakers, additional prompts will be given and the team with the higher score will be qualified for the next round.
3. CCs and OCs of the event have the authority to make any changes with the event details and the venue.
4. Decision of the panel of judges is final.
Just A Minute
Just A Minute
Just a Minute (JAM) has evolved from a BBC radio show with the same name. It’s a fun event comprising of public speaking and spontaneous thinking. Participants not only get to show off their public speaking skills but also their creativity.
1. Each participant will have to pick up a chit before the event starts. This chit
will be your participant ID.
2. There will be a panel of five at a time. This panel of five will be made based on the participant I’d number.
3. The challenge for each speaker is to speak for a continuous minute without making any errors of any sorts. These errors can be stammering, grammatical errors, use of the wrong language and deviation from the topic.
4. Each member of the panel picks up a chit just before their turn, this chit will contain the speakers topic.
5. If the speaker does make an error, then the other members of the panel can JAM the speaker. On his/her appeal for a JAM the anchor would ask on what grounds does this JAM stand valid. If the reason given is correct then the participant gets to continue to talk for the remaining 1 minute on the same topic.
6. Each participant will be given 1 point for every time they JAM another participant. Loss of a point if the JAM stands invalid. Also the participant who ends at the 1 minute mark will receive 3 points.
Participants who score the highest in their respective panels will go
through this round.
1. Each participant will be asked a set of 8 abstract questions.
2. The participant is expected to NOT answer in respect to the question.
3. If the participant does answer in respect to the question then the round for that participant is over there itself.
4. Participants will be marked with 1 point for each question they answer.
All the rules of the first round are applicable. This is a theme based round. Each participant is given the same topic and each of them is given a different theme (ie emotions). The participants have to speak on the given topic in relation to the theme for one minute The winner of the event will be declared on the grounds of the total points accumulated at the end of three rounds.
JUST A MINUTERegister
British Parliamentary Debate is a form of debate wherein four teams of two compete on a topic that is given on the spot with a preparation time of 15 minutes. The floor is divided amongst the Government and the Opposition. The four teams, randomly allotted at the time of debate, are the Opening Government (Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister), Opening Opposition (Leader of Opposition, Deputy Leader of Opposition), Closing Government (Member of Government, Government Whip) and Closing Opposition (Member of Opposition, Opposition Whip). The Government and Opposition compete explicitly against each other, while all four teams compete implicitly as well. The functions of the teams and their members individually will be distributed in the event invite itself.
Ujwal Sachdeva - 7838203155
Vaibhav Bhat - 9811610545
● A team will have two participants
● The judgement criteria will be: creativity, logic, entertainment, coherence of dialogues with the video, clarity of the plot.
● The organising committee has the right to alter the rules, change or cancel the time, venue and event itself.
● Decision of the coordinators is final and binding.
Registration fee: Rs. 150 per team
Ingenium - Parliamentary DebateRegister
The classic draw and guess game, but with a slight twist. In teams of two, there would be three rounds: the blindfold round , the taboo round and the classic Pictionary round. Here one player draws the words given on the chit (movie, show, object, character), and the other player guesses. In the blindfold round, a player of the team would have to draw the word given on the chit, but blindfolded. Verbal communication between the two players is not allowed.
a) The classic Pictionary:
1. Of 60 seconds
2. 5 points for the correct answer
3. Difficulty level – medium
b) The taboo round:
where in one word will be the taboo, and the person cannot draw that.
(Eg. A pokeball for Pikachu)
1. Of 90 seconds
2. 5 points for the correct answer
3. Difficulty level - hard
c) The Blindfold Round:
- A player of the team would have to draw the word given on the chit, but blindfolded. If needed, the player guessing can ask for the genre of the movie/TV show as a hint.
1. Each team gets 75 seconds
2. Points allocated per correct answer: 5 points
3. Difficulty Level - Shakespeare
1. Teams of two
2. There will be three rounds in the game
3. Teams will be filtered according to number of participants
4. The team with maximum scores win.
5. Verbal communication is not permitted
6. Expected duration of event 2 Hours
A bi-lingual, song-writing, and singing team event. A few minutes to write, a few
minutes to sing, and what can go wrong, eh?
Hosting Clubs: TMC & Litmus
A team of 2-4 people.
1· Topic to be chosen by chit-picking.
2· Can write in both Hindi, and English.
3· One member of a team to write for two minutes, and then to pass on the lyric to the next
member, and so on, in sync with the tune. This happens for two rounds, hence, every member
of the team writes twice, for a cumulative time of four minutes.
4· Members will not be allowed to talk when the lyrics are being written down.
5· A total of 16 minutes will be provided to every team, in a way that a team of two people get 8 minutes each, and a team of will get 4 minutes each. In a team of three people, two people get 5 minutes, and one will get six.
6· Performance cannot exceed 2 minutes.
7· Every member of the team to perform on the stage.
8·No backing track/accompanist allowed.
· Lyrical Sense – 40%
· Vocal Inputs – 40%
· Team Dynamics – 10%
· Stage Presence – 10%
Pop-A-Razzi is a pop culture quiz that has topics that will broadly cover movies, TV shows, comics, video
games, books, music, etc. Come and check if you are an entertainment expert by answering questions ranging
from who played Batman in The Dark Knight Trilogy to who created it. Iconic and Specific pop culture moments
will be there in to make it a fun and exciting experience.
Hosting Clubs: Litmus & Qureka
Anamay Deshpande - +919689993649
Harshit Joshi - +918960664490
1.· First round is a prelim round with 20 questions each.
2.· The qualifying teams face an array of rounds with 6 questions in each round.
3.· The Quizmaster’s decision is final.
4.· No phones are allowed during the quiz.
Registration Fee: Rs.100 per participant(Maximum 2 in a team)
In this event, participants will be given a video clip and the audio for which shall be muted. The participants will have a time duration of 10 minutes for preparation, in which they are supposed to script the scene. After the preparation they will be expected to mimic the scripted lines in coherence with the muted video playing in the background.
Mahainn - 7505992320
1. A team will have two participants
2. The judgement criteria will be: creativity, logic, entertainment, coherence of dialogues with the video, clarity of the plot.
3. The organising committee has the right to alter the rules, change or cancel the time, venue and event itself. Decision of the coordinators is final and binding.
Registration fee: Rs. 150 per team